PLEASE NOTE : 2016 PAST EVENT INFORMATION // 2017 TO BE POSTED SHORTLY
Reframing Fashion and Retail
The WWD CEO Summit has offered new perspective on the issues and trends influencing fashion and retail for two decades. To mark our 20th year in 2016, WWD will bring the industry together October 25-26 for a landmark Summit in New York. The program will focus on how to reframe fashion and retail for a new consumer.
Topics will include:
- Unlocking consumer opportunities in new geographies, both in store and online
- Aligning the fashion calendar and system with consumers’ expectations
- Exploring the future of clothes amid technological, social, and creative change
- Redefining luxury from business and creative perspectives
- Understanding new fashion influences and using them effectively
In an evolution of its 116-year-old franchise, WWD this year will inaugurate The WWD Honors, an annual celebration of individual creative vision and business leadership across the industry. The celebration will anchor WWD’s 2016 CEO Summit on the evening of Oct. 25 in New York.
Event Has Passed
Join our mailing list to stay informed.
What we're talking about
- Consumer Opportunities
- Fashion Calendar
- Consumer Expectations
- New Consumer
Who Is Speaking?
- Alexei AgratchevRetailNext Inc.
- Joseph AltuzarraAltuzarra
- Hannah BronfmanHBFit
- Daphne CarmeliDeliv
- Tom ChapmanMatchesFashion.com
- Scott DahnkeL Catterton
- Mary DillonUlta Beauty
- Jim GoldNeiman Marcus
- Sid GuptaLolli and Pops
- Marc JacobsMarc Jacobs
- Norma KamaliNorma Kamali
- Greg KellyMcKinsey & Company
- Daniel LaLondeSandro Maje Claudie Pierlot (SMCP)
- Tomas MaierBottega Veneta
- Greg PetroFirst Insight Inc.
- Kevin PlankUnder Armour
- Riccardo PozzoliTBS Crew
- Sarah QuinlanMasterCard Advisors
- Hal ReiterHerbert Mines Associates
- David SchneiderZalando
- Jerry Storch Hudson's Bay Company
- Chuck ToddNBC News
- Sidney ToledanoChristian Dior Couture
- Diane Von FurstenbergDVF
- Julie WainwrightThe Real Real
- Bayard WinthropAmerican Giant
Past Editorial Coverage
Tory Burch and Roger Farah: A Private Conversation
Despite what the industry expected from Roger Farahu2019s arrival at Tory Burch LLC a year ago as co-chief executive officer, both he and Tory Burch, chairman, co-ceo and designer, said they have no plans to go public and they enjoy running a privately held firm.
J.C. Penneyu2019s u2018Three Pillaru2019 Strategy
Marvin Ellison sees a three-pillar strategy to bringing J.C. Penney Co. back to prominence u2014 focusing on the department storeu2019s omnichannel capacity, private brands and its revenue-per-customer rate.
Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli on the u2018Personal Touchu2019
Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, the creative directors of Valentino, have achieved a rare form of success in luxury fashion u2014 theyu2019ve pinpointed the elusive magic that transforms a major heritage brand into a leading fashion force across couture, ready-to-wear and accessories.
Nicolas Ghesquiu00e8re Talks Design and the Louis Vuitton Brand
Having shown three runway collections thus far u2014 fall 2014, cruise and spring 2015 u2014 his vision is beginning to crystallize. The approach isnu2019t about nailing the next u201cItu201d bag thatu2019s hot today and gone tomorrow. u201cMy thought was that when we look at things that are considered u2018Grande Classiques,u2019 as we say in French u2014 iconic classics that almost everyone wants u2014 we sometimes forget that they were new one day,u201d he said.